Emily Scale is a Writer, Illustrator and Elementary school teacher who loves to teach and inspire kids to be creative, curious and courageous. She holds a Degree in Education from the University of British Columbia and has taught in traditional classrooms, orphanages and rainforests around the world for over 12 years. She integrates animation and visual journals into her lessons. Emily believes creativity is crucial to engagement and engagement is crucial to learning. Art is her favourite tool to teach with impact.
Emily founded GATHER MAKE ART in May 2020 when the world was shut down from the global pandemic. Now she creates virtual art classes for kids, parents and teachers. Her art classes are best suited for kids 5 and up. They can be used as a creative enrichment activity or in classrooms to assist busy teachers. She limits supplies to watercolour paints, scissors, glue and crayons to keep mess manageable and the making process free from stress and full of fun!
Also now for a limited time she is offering custom illustration. See shop for more details.
Emily’s Favourite books.
- All books by Roald Dahl, especially Matilda
- The Narnia series by C.S. Lewis
- The Secret World of Og by Pierre Burton
- A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Wayside School is Falling Down by Louis Sachar
- Ramona and Beezus by Beverley Clearly
- The Hobbit by J.R R Tolkein
- Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- The Truth about Awiti by C.P Patrick
- The Lost Flowers of Alice Hart by Holly Ringland
- All the light we cannot see by Anthony Doer
- The Book Theif by Markus Zusak
- My Brilliant Friend by Ella Ferrante
- All books by Clarissa Pinkola Estes.