Emily loves to create stories and teach Art. She is forever seeking inspiration in nature and local bookshops.
Emily holds a Degree in Education from the University of British Columbia. She has worked with children in foster care facilities, orphanages, elementary/ high schools for over 12 years in East Africa and Canada. She is passionate about helping kids be creative and inspires the young to be imaginative in visual Journals, stop motion animation and dance/drama.
Emily loves books! Her favourites are myths, legends, fairy tales, and visual picture books.
When Emily was young she loved to read:
- The Narnia series by C.S. Lewis
- All the books by Roald Dahl, especially Matilda
- The Secret World of Og by Pierre Burton
- Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White
- Frisby and the Rats of Nihm
- A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery
- Wayside School is Falling Downby Louis Sachar
- Ramona and Beezus by Beverley Clearly
- The Hobbit by J.R R Tolkein
Now She also loves to read whenever she can!
- Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- The Truth about Awiti by C.P Patrick
- The Lost Flowers of Alice Hart by Holly Ringland
- All the light we cannot see by Anthony Doer
- The Book Theif by Markus Zusak
- My Brilliant Friend by Ella Ferrante