Emily Scale is a writer, illustrator and educator living in Vancouver BC. She holds a Degree in Education from the University of British Columbia. She teaches curiosity, creativity, and courage in unique art lessons for kids. She has taught art workshops in foster care facilities, orphanages, elementary schools for over 15 years in Canada and East Africa.
Now for a limited time she is offering custom illustration. See shop for more details.
Emily’s Favourite books.
- The Narnia series by C.S. Lewis
- All the books by Roald Dahl, especially Matilda
- The Secret World of Og by Pierre Burton
- Frisby and the Rats of Nihm
- A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery
- Wayside School is Falling Downby Louis Sachar
- Ramona and Beezus by Beverley Clearly
- The Hobbit by J.R R Tolkein
- Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- The Truth about Awiti by C.P Patrick
- The Lost Flowers of Alice Hart by Holly Ringland
- All the light we cannot see by Anthony Doer
- The Book Theif by Markus Zusak
- My Brilliant Friend by Ella Ferrante